Course Title: Keeping people safe online
Further information on the specific training we provide
Subject: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
Topic: Keeping people safe online
Number of sessions: 1 x 3 hour sessions
Session duration: 3 Hours
This course is appropriate for staff and volunteers who would like to develop a better understanding supporting adults to get on line and to safely navigate when online. This course will introduce participants to a number of them highlighting how to access quality information. The course will also cover best practice for staying safe online. Demonstrating one to one support and assisting in a group setting. We embed the use of various digital tools and resources to help you build up a body of support and knowledge you can share with others. For example we will investigate online tools for determining how safe your password is
- All participants must have some competency in IT skills.
- Delivery of this course is through digital methods so it is essential participants are able to engage fully with this process
The learner will:
- Have gained the knowledge of online safety basics, and will be able to pass best practice over to colleagues and end users.
- Have the skills to Support clients to overcome their fear of going online, by understanding the barriers.
- Will have a better understanding of Privacy and safety when using the internet and online tools, this will develop and ensure they have gained the skills for online safety for life
Tasks will involve the use of digital tools and techniques for supporting adults to get online, online tools for use with co-workers, volunteers and end users. We explore how to embed the use of various digital tools and resources to help you build up a body of support and knowledge you can share with others.
For example we will investigate online tools for determining how safe your password is.