For many children and young people, using technology comes easily. We’re training them to become Digital Heroes so that with their help, we can change people’s lives.
Make a difference
Digital Communities Wales – Digital Confidence, Health and Well-being brings older and younger people together to use and enjoy technology.
Where do Digital Heroes come from?
- Schools (age 7 – Welsh Bacc)
- Colleges and universities
- Police cadets
- and more
How does it work?
- DCW trains the Heroes so they can help others use the internet safely.
- Heroes are linked up with a community organisation.
- The Heroes support people from that organisation to get online.
- Digital Heroes develop confidence and communication skills
- People supported have fun and learn to use the internet
- Both parties develop relationships within their local community
Watch our video to find out more about Digital Heroes…
Have a look at our gallery of Digital Heroes in action across Wales…