Make a difference
DCW brings older and younger people together to use and enjoy technology.
Where do Digital Heroes come from?
- Schools (age 7 – Welsh Bacc)
- Colleges and universities
- Police cadets
- and more
How does it work?
- DCW trains the Heroes so they can help others use the internet safely.
- Heroes are linked up with a community organisation.
- The Heroes support people from that organisation to get online.
- Digital Heroes develop confidence and communication skills
- People supported have fun and learn to use the internet
- Both parties develop relationships within their local community
Watch our video to find out more about Digital Heroes…
St Julian’s Primary School runs a Digital Leaders programme to support its most digitally-engaged pupils
Digital Communities Wales trained pupils on how to help people in their community get online and develop their digital skills.
Technology brings generations together in Wrexham
Pupils from Ysgol Borras showed people at Cae Glo Residential Home how to stay safe online - with help from a giraffe, a cycle tour of Wrexham and Sweet Caroline!