Course Title: Community engagement and basic digital skills
Further information on the specific training we provide
Subject: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
Topic: Community engagement and basic digital skills
Number of sessions: 1 x 3 hour sessions
Session duration: 3 Hours
This course is appropriate to frontline staff and volunteers that have an interest in improving engagement to local communities and improving digital skills. The course will introduce learners to the digital tools which exist to assist simultaneously for organisations and individuals to further support digital inclusion.
- All participants must have some competency in IT skills.
- Delivery of this course is through digital methods so it is essential participants are able to engage fully with this process.
- Access to a range of websites and digital tools will be needed.
The learner will:
- The skills to able to assess the digital needs of clients.
- The skills to empower communities to engage, collaborate and interact in a digital world.
- To ensure that community groups working or volunteering with the elderly, people seeking employment, people with disabilities will transfer their digital skills to end users and further the digital inclusion agenda.
Tasks will involve the use of digital tools and techniques to improve foundation digital skills and to pass these skills onto end users to get online, finding the benefits and barriers that clients face when they are digitally excluded. We explore how to embed these skills and apply them to continuous personal development.
For example we consider a specific client’s journey and make changes to a shared google document.