Course Title: Digital Companions
Further information on the specific training we provide
Subject: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
Topic: Digital companions
Session duration: 2 Hours
Course OverviewEntry Requirements
- All participants must have some competency in IT skills.
- Delivery of this course is through digital methods so it is essential participants are able to engage fully with this process.
- Access to a range of websites and digital tools will be needed.
At the end of the session learners will have:
- An understanding of why people are not online
- Understanding how to be safe online
- Essential attributes required to be a successful Digital Companion
- Examples of what people may require help with
Within this course learners will have an opportunity to work with each-other to develop and test their communication skills. Activities include working as pairs to discover and research personal interests using our ‘Companion cards’, to practice communication.