Course Title: Inspiring digital activities
Further information on the specific training we provide
Subject: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
Topic: Inspiring digital activities
Session duration: 3 Hours
This unique course is appropriate for staff and volunteers of organisations supporting individuals in the mental health industry who would like to develop a better understanding of using digital tools to engage with the people they are supporting. There are many digital tools and applications available to help people manage, track and distract. We will consider the fun and interactive use of virtual reality headsets, apps and websites for mobile technology and using smart speakers like amazon’s echo dot! The session is hands on and gives participants freedom to experience technology that they may not have the opportunity to use before, it develops a better understanding of using digital tools to engage with the people they are supporting.
- All participants must have some competency in IT skills.
- Delivery of this course is through digital methods so it is essential participants are able to engage fully with this process.
- Access to a range of websites and digital tools will be needed.
At the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Understand why digital inclusion is important and be able to explain the barriers for different groups to getting online.
- Explain the barriers to getting online and how to overcome them.
- Describe methods to inspire/motivate people to get and stay online.
- Have the confidence to support others to get online.
- Be able to confidently support clients/customers/tenants/services users to access basic online services.
- Know where to find a range of resources to help get people online.
Tasks will involve the use of digital tools and techniques for use with co-workers, volunteers and end users. We explore how to embed the use of various digital tools and resources to help you build up a body of support and knowledge you can share with others.
For example we will try out virtual reality headsets to discover the impact that immersive videos have on memory and recall, and meditation.