Course Title: Learning Welsh with digital tools
Further information on the specific training we provide
Subject: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
Topic: Learning Welsh with digital tools
Session duration: 3 Hours
This course is appropriate to frontline staff and volunteers that have a desire to learn Welsh. The course will introduce learners to the digital tools which exist to assist simultaneously the learning experience and further digital inclusion.
- All participants must have some competency in IT skills.
- Delivery of this course is through digital methods so it is essential participants are able to engage fully with this process.
- Access to a range of websites and digital tools will be needed.
At the end of the session participants should be able to:
- The skills to able to assess the digital needs of clients.
- The confident to support clients to access online services associated with learning.
- Knowledge of where to signpost clients which have shown a desire to learn Welsh for further support and opportunities online.
- Knowledge where to find online resources to support their own learning and those of others.
Tasks will involve the use of digital tools and techniques to assist learning and to support others to get online, finding the benefits and barriers that clients face when they are digitally excluded. We explore how to embed these skills and apply them to continuous personal development.
For example we consider a specific client’s journey and using an app called Popplet we design a mind map of the benefits to learn Welsh online.