Course Title: Saving and making money online
Further information on the specific training we provide
Subject: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
Topic: Saving and Making Money Online
Session duration: 3 Hours
This unique course is appropriate for staff and volunteers who would like to develop a better understanding of how people can gain financial benefit from being online. It looks at ways in which people can make savings on products such as insurance, utilities, travel and groceries. The course also covers ways in which people can make money, get cash back on purchases and even find items for free. For example, looking at how people can sell unwanted items to make some extra money.
We will look at ways to find financial information and how to use the internet to get the best deal on a variety of products.
- All participants must have some competency in IT skills.
- Delivery of this course is through digital methods so it is essential participants are able to engage fully with this process.
- Access to a range of websites and digital tools will be needed.
At the end of the session learners will have:
- Gained an insight into the range and variety of money saving sites/apps available.
- Learned how to use the internet to seek out the best deals.
- Understood the various ways money can be saved when purchasing a product.
- Learned various ways to sell online (and stay safe doing so).
- Gained understanding of the barriers people face when going online.
- Understood how people can stay safe online.
Tasks will involve the use of smart devices and various sites and apps. The course encourages discussion between participants to help gain an understanding of the best way to help those that they work with.
An example of a task is taking a product and asking participants to use various techniques such as finding a voucher code to get the best checkout price or getting cashback after the purchase.
The course will allow participants to practice ways in which to alleviate the fears people have when it comes to making financial transactions online. For example explaining what to look out for to make sure their transaction is secure.