Course Title: Supporting job seekers online
Further information on the specific training we provide
Subject: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
Topic: Supporting Job Seekers Online
Session duration: 3 Hours
This course is appropriate for staff and volunteers who would like to develop a better understanding supporting adults to get on line and to safely navigate when online. This course will introduce participants to a number of them highlighting how to access quality information. The course will also cover best practice for staying safe online. Demonstrating one to one support and assisting in a group setting. We embed the use of various digital tools and resources to help you build up a body of support and knowledge you can share with others. For example we will investigate online tools for determining how safe your password is.
- All participants must have some competency in IT skills.
- Delivery of this course is through digital methods so it is essential participants are able to engage fully with this process.
- Access to a range of websites and digital tools will be needed.
The learner will:
- Gain a better understanding of the digital landscape and its effects on job seeking
- Understand the impact Social media accounts have on Job seeking
- Tips and Tools for job seeking online
Tasks will involve the use of digital tools and techniques for supporting adults to carry out job searches online, for use with end users. We explore how to embed the use of various digital tools and resources to help you build up a body of support and knowledge you can share with others. For example we will look at the google apps suite of online tools to use for creating an online CV