Course Title: Digital Heroes
Subject: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
Topic: Digital Heroes
Session duration: 2 Hours
This unique course enables the learners to understand the benefits of being having grown up with digital technology and gives them the tools to be able to use their own digital skills to help people of other generations who are not able to benefit from being online. During this course the learners will cover safety for the end users and themselves. We will also cover the skills and confidence to teach and to know when to signpost the people they are supporting to more appropriate channels of learning.
- All participants must have good competency in IT skills.
- Delivery of this course is through digital methods so it is essential participants are able to engage fully with this process.
- Access to a range of websites and digital tools will be needed.
At the end of the session learners will have:
- An understanding of why people are not online
- Understanding how to be safe online
- Essential attributes required to be a successful Digital Hero
- Examples of what people may require help with
Within this course learners will have an opportunity to work with each-other to develop and test their communication skills. Activities include working as pairs to take a selfie, to practice communication skills and a quiz to discuss and facilitate a discussion on appropriate behaviour.