How can we help?
Digital Communities Wales - Digital Confidence, Health and Well-being helps organisations that are working with people who could benefit from having basic digital skills.
It is a Welsh Government project which is delivered by the Wales Co-operative Centre.
Our support is free and includes:
- Digital inclusion assessment – An initial assessment of your organisation to help you develop and deliver digital inclusion activities
- Digital training for frontline staff and volunteers – Training for staff and volunteers to them help others get online and use the internet effectively and safely (to find out more visit our training pages)
- Digital equipment loan – Short-term loans of digital equipment including tablets, laptops and Fitbits so you can deliver digital activities
- Digital volunteer support – Help to develop a digital volunteering programme, match organisations with digital volunteers and train existing volunteers. There are also opportunities to link in with our Digital Heroes programme (to find out more visit our volunteer pages)
- Digital inclusion accreditation – The Digital Inclusion Charter can show your organisation’s commitment to alleviating digital exclusion (to find out more visit our Charter page)
- Partnerships – Any organisation is welcome to join our network of local Get Online partnerships which have been developed with stakeholders across Wales. We also build partnerships between organisations where working together can progress digital inclusion aims.
We can work across the whole of Wales with any organisation supporting people who would benefit from getting online.
“Our library staff loved the training and left feeling enthused about helping our customers. Many have requested further training which I am hoping to arrange soon.”
Bethan Lee, Neath Port Talbot Libraries
“I really appreciate your help and support. I’m now writing a Digital Inclusion policy and working with Coleg Cambria to offer IT skills and employability skills taster courses.”
Shirley McCann, Stepping Stones